Spring Cleaning and Assembling Billy Bookshelf

Last week I went to Ikea to purchase Billy bookshelf with my cousins. I first brought Billy bookshelf about 6 years ago and it is able to withstand 30kg per shelf. Till now it is still working well. Billy bookshelf is the most resilient Ikea bookshelf.

As I brought more books, I need more space so this time I brought a 2m tall Billy bookshelf. I  must stop buying new books as my bedroom is filled with five bookshelves. 

I enjoy spring cleaning  my bookshelves as it reminds me of what I have. Its kinda like taking stock of what we have and be thankful and count our blessing. Sometimes I forget what I already have and just buy. For example, I have many files that I purchased in past BookFest. This year, I'm not going to buy files and pens as I already have so many. 

I also keep magazines that I like especially Lonely Planet Magazine Asia which is no longer in print in Singapore. I keep many Lonely Planet with Switzerland and Europe on cover as I want to travel to Switzerland in this life. I told myself if I'm still single by 40 years old, I will travel there alone. 

 I have many Lonely Planet Magazine Asia especially on Switzerland and other travel magazines on Switzerland.
 When I was a student, I used to do cross-stitch.
 I brought and assembled Ikea bookshelf last week. 
 I think Dare magazine is quite informative and inspiring but it is no longer in print for many years already. I'm glad I keep it.
I have many clear files. It reminds me to stop buying new file.

Comments

Popular Posts