Early Reunion Dinner at Di Wei Teochew Restaurant

I went to Di Wei Teochew restaurant located at Hyde Park for early reunion dinner last Saturday for the first time. This year, there are two new family members namely my niece and nephew who are about 8 and 4 months old respectively. I spent most of the time taking photos of them while waiting for the food. 

I am grateful to my elder brother who generously treated the family. He is an example that  you do not need a degree to be successful if you are looking in terms of wealth which is commonly used as a gauge for success. He is really good in business negotiation. 

Hmm, as for me, though I don't earn as much as him, but because of my hard work for the past two decades, disciplined saving and simple investment, I am financially comfortable and independent woman. I am not a fan of branded expensive goods thus I can save for early financial freedom. To me financial freedom is more important than impressing strangers. I am not very rich. Please don't scam me.  Just financially comfortable as I only buy what is necessary and occasionally indulge in good meal and stationery. 

Anyway back to the early reunion dinner, we had traditional Teochew dishes that my elder brother ordered. I liked the pomfret fish, vegetable, yam and pumpkin paste orh nee  and noodles. 

For the first time in my life, I saw private and business planes that belong to the Super rich at Seletar airport. Quite happy that I went to this Teochew restaurant for the first time to try something new. 



Braised peanut

Cold platter dish with pig trotter jelly.








Seletar Airport

Comments

Popular Posts