Chinese New Year Eve 2023

Today is Chinese New Year eve based on Chinese lunar calendar, said to be established by Emperor Huang Ti of China in 2600 BC. 

It's a really busy day for me as I did final spring cleaning today. This morning, I washed all my clothes, bed and pillow covers. Thankfully, weather is great today with bright hot sunny day. After washing, I cleaned my desk.

Later in the evening, I enjoyed a good spread of delicious home-cooked dinner prepared by my elder brother and mother with my family. My elder brother used to be a chef at a teppanyaki eatery.  I helped with washing all the dishes after dinner. 

I'll sleep at around 3 am or 4 am to shou sui (守岁), with the goal to increase longevity for my parents. My brothers and I have been staying up late on CNY eve for decades to observe this traditional custom. Anyway we just do whatever that is beneficial for our parents. Tomorrow, we will have morning vegetarian meal. 

Happy Chinese New Year to all my readers. Wishing you all Joyous and Prosperous year ahead! Gong Xi Gong Xi.

祝你们万事如意, 心想事成! 恭喜发财! 











Love the coffee prepared by my mum.

I don't understand why it is now called Lunar New Year when other cultures using lunisolar calendar are not celebrating Chinese New Year. It seems like the western media is trying to un "Chinese" the new year. 
Chinese New Year from History Channel.






Comments

Popular Posts