Chinese New Year Celebrations 2023

This year is the first Chinese New Year celebration after covid restrictions. Finally, we can celebrate without those stringent covid measures in Singapore. 

It has been raining the past few days and I have been staying at home. 

Recently my aunties and cousins visited us and for the first time I played card games with my young cousins. 

I still receive hongbaos aka the red packets since I'm still single. For the past few years, I have been keeping the red packets and not spend it.  Hopefully by next year, I be married to my Mr Right. For the first time, my 4th uncle wished me luck in starting a family. Felt kinda stress. I can't just marry anybody. I must marry someone I love and respect. 

Last year I achieved my goal of going for the first date. This year my goal is to find and date someone I'm going to marry. Anyway, my parents who have been happily married for 45 years this year, only dated for less than a year. 

If there is chemistry and love with him, I'll just marry in less than a year of dating and I will ask the person if he intends to marry me first before dating because I'm not so young already and can't afford to waste time especially if there is plan for baby. Anyway it also depends on fate (随缘) if I have baby as I'm not so young. 

Hopefully this year I can achieve my goals of dating my Mr Right and reach healthy weight.
Hongbaos by my parents, 6th aunt and 4th uncle. This is the year of Rabbit based on the 12 Chinese zodiacs.
I had coffee prepared by my mum and snacks. I need to exercise to lose weight.
Breakfast on first day of Chinese New Year.

Lunch on first day of CNY on Sunday. Delicious fried bee hoon by my mum.

CNY 1st day on Sunday. Black sesame seed tangyuan dessert and coffee prepared by my mum.

Typical Teochew family will eat this fish during Chinese Lunar New Year.

2nd day of CNY on Monday. Fried noodles cooked by my mum.

Comments

Popular Posts