Christmas Theme at Universal Studios Singapore

This is my third trip to the Universal Studios Singapore this year, thanks to my current organisation. This popular theme park is now decked with Christmas decorations and there are some tweaks to the Shrek 4D Adventure theatre show. I'm also thankful that my two kind colleagues friends were sporting to try the rides. We spent the day trying 10 rides, had early lunch at Mel's Drive-in and had coffee at Starbucks in the hot afternoon. We also went shopping in the gift shops with the gift vouchers.

Our first stop was the Transformers ride at 11 am and there was no queue! Strategy is to go for popular ride first as there are not many people in the morning. Some colleagues said they queued for an hour in the afternoon. Previously I queued for 70 minutes on the second trip. 

Before we try the Enchanted Airway roller coaster, we went to take a look first. After looking at the screaming riders, I was hesitant to try but my friend asked me if I would regret if I don't try now. After pondering, we decided to try since it seem like a very short 1 minute ride. It was exhilarating fast and swift and over in about a minute. We also took some kiddy rides like the carousel and Factory potion mini ferris wheel and they brought us back to our childhood. I don't really care others saying these are for kids. We are still young at heart and just want to have fun. 

For more information, click USS website here.

I took record of the rides we took in sequence. 

1) Transformers the ride (No queue in the morning at 11 am!) 

2) Carousel King Julien's Beach Party-Go-Round 

3) Shrek 4D Adventure 

4) Potion Factory (mini ferris wheel)- Quite cramp for two adults. 

5) Enchanted Airways (family roller coaster)

6) Puss in Boots (roller coaster) 

7) Accelerator (My favourite! I went for three rides.)

8) New York Lights, Camera, Action - Experience special effect of hurricane

9) Spaghetti Space Chase (very short queue in late afternoon) 

10) Treasure hunter- Leisurely drive. Took this to complete ten rides. Perfect 10!

Finally I took a photo of this USS globe with no visitors.


Mel's Drive-in
I had Portobello burger with crispy portobello and creamy avocado at Mel's Drive-in again! This time the fries and sundried tomatoes are not so salty. Well done! 


No queue at the Transformer ride at 11 am!
We had fun at the carousel. Reminds us of our childhood. 

Shrek 4D Adventure theatre

Potion factory mini ferris wheel outside 4D Shrek theatre. 

High speed family roller coaster Enchanted airway.


A much easier roller coaster ride at Puss in Boots.


My favourite Accelerator ride.
I wondered how they feel wearing these thick costume in the scorching hot weather. Kudos to their professionalism.


We didn't try this wet ride.
Went shopping in the gift shop.

Comments

Popular Posts