The Power of Regret

Saw this book, The Power of Regret by Daniel H.Pink at the bookshop yesterday. It reminds me of the lost opportunity for not connecting with my buddy when she was alive. 

When my buddy who had helped me many years ago, had passed on last year due to sickness, I regretted that I didn't reach out to her. Few weeks before she passed on, I actually dreamed of her and thought of her when I saw the couple photo frames she gave me. I didn't think much of it and dismissed it as random thoughts and I thought that she was busy with her own family. I was waiting for her to contact me. 

Recently I talked to a colleague and she shared that she realised the other person was also thinking of her when she suddenly thought of her friend. Her friend was thinking of her the moment she thought of her. Perhaps my buddy was thinking of me and didn't want me to worry. 

After my buddy's death, I began to think of friends who had helped me in the past. I decided to treat one of my ex-colleague who is like a big brother to me. He shared with me interesting dhamma talk videos by Venerable Master Sheng Yen and Ajahn Keng. When I resigned from my previous job, he gave me a buffet treat at a  restaurant. Yesterday I decided to treat him back at Sufood restaurant. I last met him about four years ago. It is good catching up with him.  I am happy to see that he is now happily retired and his children are doing well. 

Instead of regretting the past, learn from it and take necessary action to prevent it. 



 

Comments

Popular Posts