Yuan Xiao Jie 元宵节2017

Yesterday my family had a great dinner at home to celebrate Yuan Xiao Jie on the 15th day of Chinese New Year. It is the last day of Chinese New Year and also Chinese Valentine 's day. Although there were not many dishes compared to Chinese New Year eve reunion dinner, we still had about 10 dishes together as a family, my 3 brothers and parents. 

As usual, we had abalone, shark fin soup, fish, prawns, ngoh hiang, vegetables , braised pork and this time we tossed Yu sheng with sliced abalone. 

This time, I helped my mum in the kitchen. As usual my elder brother helped my mother to cook some of the dishes like the delicious braised pork which was really delicious. As mentioned, my elder brother used to work as a cook in a eatery so the food he cooked is comparable to restaurant standard. 

Well with the end of Chinese New Year, it's time to remove the decoration. 
                      Yesterday sumptuous dinner.
                    We had yu sheng yesterday!
Vegetables soup filled with quail eggs, Fishball, pork balls, sotong balls.
          Steamed prawns with wine.
     Ngio hiang and chicken nuggets.
        Sliced abalone and tender braised pork.
                                    Chili fish
Vegetable and vegetarian abalone. Earlier my mum and brother prayed to our late grandparents.

Comments

Popular Posts