Syonan Gallery Should be Renamed

This blog is meant to introduce my friends and tourists to good food and attractions in Singapore. Hmm I was wondering if I should just start another blog to share my opinions. Well I used to have another blog sharing my opinions but I decided to close as I was in the civil service.

Well I intend to focus on sharing happy stuff and less on serious stuff. But recently, the news of a gallery being named Syonan Gallery just made me angry. How could those people be so insensitive and numbskull to name the gallery Syonan gallery? Singapore was renamed to Syonan-to by the Japanese during World war 2. Syonan-to means The Light of the South. However during the occupation, Singapore residents especially the Chinese suffered immensely. About 50000 Chinese perished during the Sook Ching massacre by the Japanese. It was a period of darkness for Singapore residents. Till now those Japanese politicians still pray at the shrine which housed those class A war criminals and some politicians still denied atrocities committed by them. Well that's why till now I don't travel to Japan. Why fatten those hypocrite politicians' pockets? Syonan-to? Hey they should just renamed to World War 2 occupation gallery. Please don't glorify Japanese occupation. It was anything but Light of the South. It was the darkest period for Singapore residents when many people lost their relatives to the Sook Ching massacre.

Comments

Popular Posts