Lobster Buffet at Melt Cafe

I had birthday celebration yesterday by having a great spread of seafood buffet at Melt Cafe, at my favorite hotel Mandarin Oriental hotel with my friend. I still remember the best Chinese wedding dinner I had about ten years ago was at a Chinese restaurant at Mandarin Oriental hotel.

The highlight of the buffet is Lobster. I read of raving review of their lobster thermidor. Alas, yesterday they did not serve it. Instead they had black pepper lobster and cold lobster. Besides lobster, there were crabs, prawns, mussels and oysters. For me, I took lots of lobster and oysters. They did not crack the crab shell so it was quite troublesome to eat and for prawns, I can eat at home. It was rather competitive. The moment the waiter served the lobster, it be gone in less than a minute because everyone was rushing for it. I had about 5 to 6 lobsters and 4 oysters. I was not really happy as I had fresher and tasty lobsters and prawns. Felt the quality of prawns rather bad.

The saving grace was the wide variety of food. I had shell cream pasta at the live section and I love the dessert section. I tried many cake and took lots of bread pudding topped with almond flakes as its my one of my favorite dessert. I also had chocolate and strawberry yogurt ice cream with truffle balls. It was a good meal but I won't return for the buffet as I think Equinox restaurant serve better buffet and is more thoughtful as the crab shells are already cracked for their guests. 

Melt Cafe at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Level 4
Price: $75++ from Sunday to Thursday. End on 21 Feb 2017
POSB and Citibank enjoy 15% discount
                  I took lots of lobster and oyster.
 Lobster ran out very fast as people rushed for it.
                                     More seafood!
                             Crab claws and mussels.
                Lobster bouillabaisse is quite tasty
                                Red velvet cake.
 One of my favourite dessert is bread pudding! Love the almond flakes too!
 My friend had laksa at the noodle live station.
 I love this creamy pasta and topped with some lobster meat.
 I had some more seafood like black pepper lobster and oyster.
 I took some curry seafood and cracker.
 Traditional dessert and Pannal cotta.
                      Truffle balls and Panna cotta
 My dessert filled with my favourite bread pudding with lots of almond and other cakes.
 I had chocolate and Strawberry yogurt ice-cream topped with green tea ball truffle and marshmallow.

Comments

Popular Posts