Semi Buffet Lunch at Equinox with Great View of Singapore!

After 3 years of hiatus, I'm finally back at Equinox restaurant for semi-buffet lunch. 3 years ago, I had high tea buffet with my cousin and buddy where we had laksa and other Asian dishes. This time for semi-lunch buffet, we can choose one main course which include baked Norwegian Salmon, pork belly, beef and vegetarian main course. There is also one free drink which include coffee or tea. I made the mistake of ordering sparkling water which costs $15.00. Service staff should highlight that it requires additional charge. Hmm, next time I just ask for plain water. 

After ordering our main course, we went to a sumptuous buffet spread that include seafood like oyster, crabs, prawns, mussels, smoked salmon, sushi, soba noodle, soup,bread, cheese and dessert! At $58 per person, I think its quite cheap as we also enjoyed great view of Singapore at 70th floor at Swissotel, The Stamford. Luckily I made reservation and requested for great view of Singapore. So while eating our lunch, we were happy to see beautiful Singapore right in front of us. 

We were happy to enjoy 30% discount as my friend used OCBC credit card to pay. So if you have OCBC credit card, you can enjoy 30% discount. We had buffet lunch on Friday, so with credit card, each person only pay $45 in total.

You can read my 2013 food review of Equinox High Tea Buffet in 2013 here.

Lunch hours: 12pm to 2.30pm
Equinox Restaurant at Swissotel, The Stamford
Nearest MRT: Cityhall MRT
Website: http://www.swissotel.com/hotels/singapore-stamford/dining/equinox-restaurant/ For Menu, click here
While eating, we enjoyed this beautiful view of Singapore. From here, you can see The Esplanade Theatres by the Bay (the structure that looks like hornet's eyes), Singapore Flyer and Marina Bay Sands and many ships heading to Port Authority of Singapore (PSA).
We sat somewhere around here.
Sashimi spread. I had lots of salmon sashimi. 
I took this opportunity to try cavier, which I rarely eat.
The oysters here are fresh.
I only had one Sri Lankan crab as it is quite troublesome to eat crab here.
I didn't eat any fruits here.
My favourite section! The dessert buffet spread! I had this green tea panna cotta.
These cakes are so beautiful!
I like the chocolate cake! It is crunchy and creamy rich.
Brownie is filled with generous walnut.
I don't like this chocolate choux pastries as it is soft.
This taste fruity.
Another one of my favourite dessert, creme brulee.
Chocolate fondue!
I did not try the yogurt as I was very full. But my buddy sister was disappointed with the yogurt quality.
Salad section
I realised lychee pair well with seafood especially salmon.
Good selection of bread! But I did not eat bread but had lots of smoked salmon.
Cheese spread.
Mini Swiss roll.
My friend meal.
I had lots of seafood cos I love seafood!
I also had a small bowl of soba.
My cappuccino. 
Well this is life. Having a great lunch with an awesome view of Singapore right infront of me.
My buddy chose Slow-cooked Pork Belly with butternut squash, crispy onion and cumin.
I chose Baked Norwegian Salmon with Crushed peas, onion confit and herb emulsion.
I also had a bowl of mushroom soup.
My second round of buffet. I had more oyster and lychee.
My desserts and cappuccino.
Hehe, I tried all these desserts.
And then I took some more desserts. I love the tarts.

After lunch, I took more photos of Singapore. You see Singapore River and Supreme court that looks like UFO.My favourite place is the Esplanades Theatres by the Bay where I watched the first musical, The Sound of Music many years ago.
The Merlion, a popular tourist place.
Arts work near the lift at level 1.

Comments

Popular Posts