Mid-Autumn Lighting at Gardens by the Bay

I celebrated Mid-Autumn Festival at home by indulging in sweet mooncakes on this Thursday and also visited Gardens by the Bay to see beautiful and exquisite lanterns yesterday. The last day of Mid-Autumn Festival lighting is tomorrow.

In China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, Mid-Autumn Festival is a public holiday whereas in Singapore, there is no public holiday. The festival is on the 15th day of the 8th lunar month with the full moon in sight. Yesterday the moon was super big and bright!

I went with my cousin to see African flowers first and later had dinner. After long dinner, we went to SuperTree grove skywalk for bird-eye view of Gardens by the bay and Singapore city. We were only allowed maximum of 15 minutes at the skywalk as there are staff up there monitoring especially during the peak period. 

After the sky walk, we walked around Gardens by the Bay to explore the beautiful lanterns. I love this year design as it focus on Yue Lao also known as the God of Marriage and Love in the Chinese folklore and Chang Er, the moon fairy. 

While admiring the beautiful Yue Lao and the couple lantern, my cousin shared that a couple got together with the help of Yue Lao as they prayed at the same Yue Lao temple. She advised me to pray at Yue Lao temple for Mr Right. Well, really how time flies. I was busy with work and enjoying overseas travel. Now I'm in my mid-30s and I'm still single. Anyway, currently I'm enjoying my single life. I get to indulge in my hobbies like reading and admiring flowers at Gardens by the Bay and traveling overseas. 

Click here to read Today online article: A match made by god at Yueh Hai Ching Temple.
 I love this beautiful gigantic lantern where the Yue Lao or Chinese God of Marriage and Love who arranged marriage by writing the names of couple in the book of marriage.Hmm, maybe I should pray to Yue Lao for my Mr Right. 
 I believe in fate or destiny. If you are meant to be together, no matter how far both of you are, you will meet each others ultimately. The Chinese character 缘 yuan means fate.

 Husband and wife in Chinese red wedding robes. This costume is based on Han  dynasty.
 View of Super Tree area from OCBC Skywalk
 Huo Yi, who is Chang Er's husband shot 9 suns.
 An overview of Singapore Gardens by Bay, with Singapore Flyer at the back.
 That is the Chinese Garden.
 If you are afraid of height, then don't try it.

 Super trees grove.
 The Jade Rabbit 
 Lanterns painted by community.
 Chang Er, the Chinese goddess of Moon
 Another Chang Er 

 Super big and bright moon yesterday night.


Comments

Popular Posts