Breakfast Prepared by My Father

My father will always prepare my breakfast on every weekdays before I go to work. He will cook healthy oat with milk and sometimes top it with pumpkin, sweet potato or/and wolfberries. Actually I don't really like to eat oat, but since my father cooks it, I will just eat it. 

Although my father sometimes nag at me, but my father is a kind and good role model. He never tell me what to look for in a spouse, but his actions show me what to expect from a spouse. My parents have been happily married for the past 43 years. I learnt that you don't need to be financially rich to be happily married. My father shows he care for my mum by his actions. When he worked, he would call my mum about thrice a day at 9am, 11 am and 2pm. He will buy food that my mother like and help her with household chores. Now he don't own any car but it's ok with the efficient public transport here in Singapore. 

Thus when I'm looking for a spouse, I don't expect him to be rich with a car or condominium. You can't bring all those material wealth with you on your death bed but the love and wonderful memories you have in your heart. I prefer a kind, responsible and faithful man. I think my father set the bar high.   
Oat and a cup of milo for breakfast


 

Comments

Popular Posts