Local-licious Vegetarian at Elemen Restaurant

Next month, 9 August, Singapore will be celebrating  55 years of independence. Elemen, a vegetarian restaurant has just launched Singapore local dishes- Local-licious set meal for a limited time till 31 August this year. 

Yesterday after work, I went to Elemen for late lunch and ordered Local-licious 8-course set meal at Millenia Walk. I love most of the dishes especially the chicken rice sushi with fried crispy beancurd skin and golden fritter with porcini mushroom and spicy special sauce. Kaya creme brûlée is great too but it's in small portion. I hope the golden fritter and kaya creme brûlée can be added to the main menu. Really love the fried fritter. 

To me its not so filling as the three sushi are in small portion like three tablespoons. So I ordered another main dish, the wild mushroom with white truffle pizza and I had 3 slices of pizza.

To find out more, visit Elemen website here.
Elemen Singapore Appetiser- From left is yam cube, lion mane in curry sauce and lastly potato.
Local dish rojak salad with crispy you siao with fruits and vegetables in peanut sauce. 
Cream of mushroom Kut Teh. I like this fusion mushroom and herbal peppery flavours. Surprisingly the pepper is not overwhelming. I actually don't like pepper but this combination is good maybe because of mushroom cream flavour too. 
From left to right, there is Malay nasi lemak, Indian nasi briyani and Chinese Chicken rice inspired sushi. My favourite is the Chinese chicken rice sushi. I find the portion quite small. Its like three tablespoon of rice. 
I love this chicken rice sushi with the crispy beancurd skin. It will be best if they are served hot. 
I had the crispy thin wild mushroom and white truffle cheesy pizza too! 
Golden fritter with porcini was served piping hot. I love the tangy spicy special sauce.

Sng Muay sorbet is traditional sour plum.
Kaya creme brûlée is really good.
Fresh sugarcane juice with lemon and coconut jelly chunk with sea salt. You can find sugarcane in many hawker centre drink stall.
Free gift for Local-licious set
 Inside is old school biscuits that I used to eat when I was in primary school.

Comments

Popular Posts