Quaint Ann Siang Hill in Singapore Chinatown

After hiking at the Southern Ridges, my buddy and I continued to explore Chinatown. We don't go to Chinatown frequently thus we were kinda 'lost' in the street. However in the process of walking to another MRT downtown, we saw the quaint beautiful Ann Siang Hill.
 
We saw many beautiful traditional shophouses which are mostly home to multitude of pubs and restaurants in the quiet enclave but more boisterous in the evening. 

There are also many beautiful street art at Ann Siang Hill where it used to be the Cantonese Chinese burial grounds. The old colourful shophouses used to be home to several Chinese clans and associations. To find out more, click this brochure prepared by the National Parks here .

To explore other DIY Walk in Singapore, visit the National Parks website here.


Street artl of Chinese zodiacs. I'm born in the year of rooster. Sometimes I can be very blunt and sarcastic. 
I wonder why the rooster is behind the year of pig. It should be the year of dog.
At about 5pm plus, many cars arrived to the pubs for a night of party. 
I love this shop house design and colour combination. Feel like I'm in the 40s era.


History of Ann Siang Hill.


I like this beautiful spiral staircase which is made of sturdy wood.
Lovely bright yellow flowers.
You can download the brochure from the National Parks here.



Comments

Popular Posts