A Brand New Start!

I finally start my gym routine at Tampines ActiveSg gym today after 5 months break. I purchased Adult (Off-peak) monthly pass at $15.00 only. Its very cheap as most monthly gym rate is around $145. But for off-peak monthly pass, I can only use the gym from opening time to 4pm on weekdays only. Its fine with me since I have about half a year break. After eating so much, I better exercise to maintain healthy weight. So today is the first day of the brand new year that I exercised at Tampines gym. I started off with 25 minutes of treadmill, then 15 minutes on weight-lifting exercise for my arms (I only used 3kg of weight) and finally 20 minutes on elliptical exercise machine. Prior to that, I walked for about 15 minutes from my flat to Tampines gym so that was my warm-up. Tomorrow I will continue to exercise. Since I already spent $15 for monthly off-peak pass, I might as well fully utilized it and exercise from Monday to Friday morning. I'm quite happy with my purchase as its really worth it. Tampines ActiveSg gym is really well-equipped with 9 treadmills and several elliptical exercise machines which I love.

I realized its very important to start timetable for myself so I don't waste time unnecessary. I resolved to exercise to maintain healthy weight and finish reading books that I borrowed and purchased. To enhance my learning, I will have to write what I learnt to consolidate my learning especially on finance. I already got the reading list from the professors.  

After exercising for about 1 hour plus, I went to a neighborhood hair salon to cut and rebond my long hair which took about 2 hours. Its quite cheap as its less than $70 for rebonding and cutting. I like to cut my hair before Chinese New Year as it signify cutting away the unhappy past. 

This year, I plan to attend at least 1 SDN dinner or lunch event to get to know more people. My friend told me that I only said and never attend a single event. Well she is right, I need to at least attend one match-making event else I might regret. How time flies, I'm not young anymore. In the past, I spent my time on studies and then I worked hard for my career that I neglected my social life.

There are many SDN activities from dancing, hiking to dining. I'll choose dining as I get to enjoy food even if I don't find anyone compatible. I'll choose a Buddhist and Free-thinker event as I don't have to worry if others judge me. I was upset when my relative said that too bad I'm  a Buddhist else she would introduce her eligible Christian friend to me. Well if my relative whom I've known since childhood think this way, how would other strangers think?  So it's great that there is Buddhist and Free-thinker dining event. 
 Tampines ActiveSg gym(Image from ActiveSg website)
                Tampines ActiveSg gym treadmill (Image from ActiveSg website)

Comments

  1. Worth every cent you've paid for the gym. Wish I exercise like you
    but I am too old and have to be careful or else I can drop dead lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle Boh Tong! Aiyo touchwood lah. Maybe just go long walk for exercise. Now technology so advanced. I recently read there are many elderly who reach 100 years old leh. So long life. Ya really worth it, cos single trip to the ActiveSg gym costs $2.50. So I brought off-peak hour monthly pass at $15 is really worth it. Will make full use of it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts