Chinese New Year at Chinatown

To experience Chinese New Year festive season, the best place to visit will be Chinatown. The streets are adorned with magnificent and beautiful Rooster and her plentiful chicks and eggs. During this period, there are bazaar where we can shop for Chinese New Year decoration and goodies. Of course, during this busy period, you can find snaking queue for bak kwa or barbecued pork especially at popular Lim Chee Guan shop. Frankly speaking, I don't understand what is so special with their bak kwa. I think it taste the same as Bee Cheng Xiang. 

Chinese new year decoration are much cheaper. I found a very pretty pair of pink slippers at $6.00 and some Rooster decoration at $1 after negotiating with the vendors. I must say I'm very happy with my purchase. 

I decided to shop at Chinatown Point shopping mall to wait for the street light up so I can capture the beautiful Rooster lanterns along the street and share with my readers. You can catch the stunning street light-up along Eu Tong Sen street, New Bridge road and North bridge road from now till 25 February.
  What a magnificent and beautiful glorious Rooster! 
I love this year design.
Bazaar setup outside Chinatown point shopping mall.
                                    Cute rooster toys.

                              Gigantic Rooster in the day.
                   You can buy bak kwa here.

I love the historic beautiful architecture here in Chinatown. 
             Just alight at Chinatown MRT station.

Chinese New Year decoration. 
In the past, Samsui women worked in construction and built many buildings in Singapore.
             This is Chinatown Heritage Centre.
You can buy Singapore souvenirs at Chinatown Heritage Centre.


      I didn't know there are many varieties of peanuts.

          I love this snack! Really crunchy and tasty.

Buddha Tooth Relic temple and museum.
                                      Long queue as usual for this popular bak kwa shop.
           Inside Chinatown Point Shopping mall.






Comments

Popular Posts