Chinese New Year Reunion Dinner 2022 at Home

My favourite Chinese New year tradition is having reunion dinner with my family at home today on New Year eve. It's the only time for the whole family to eat together as we are all busy with work and eat at different timing. My youngest brother who is married and currently stay in the west side of Singapore is back home with his wife for reunion dinner today. My eldest brother cooked most of the dishes while I just washed all the dishes after dinner. My brother used to work at teppanyaki eatery so he is good in cooking. Now I'm more of flexitarian, eating white meat and mostly vegetables. 

It is only during reunion dinner that we have a feast of abalone, shark fin soup, prawns, fish, chicken and pork. This year my elder brother brought almost half the roast pig to support his friend who is selling roast pork and chicken. I only had one piece of pork as I don't like to eat it. I don't understand why others like to eat the oily meat. 

Anyway I didn't eat much rice but had most of the food as shown below. I like the spirit of having all family members eating together. Tonight I be sleeping late at about 2.30 am to 3 am to shou sui ( (守岁) with the hope that the longer I stay awake, my parents will live longer, . 

A sumptuous reunion dinner at home today.

Chili prawns

My eldest brother brought roast pork and chicken to support his friend who is selling it. 

Shark fin soup with egg

Sumptuous fish maw soup with lots of ingredients like quail eggs, fish balls, carrot, cabbage, abalone and pork balls.

Abalone and vegetables
Ngoh hiang or five spice pork prepared by my mum and aunty. 

Comments

Popular Posts