Chinese New Year Street Light-up at Chinatown Singapore

Wow I love this year Chinese New Year dazzling street light-up designed by students from the Singapore University of Technology and Design at Chinatown which features many majestic tigers. This year CNY street light-up will end on 2 March. I can still see on my birthday next month. Chinese New Year is my favourite festival and I'm looking forward to collecting more Hongbao next month.  

This year is Ren Yin or Water Tiger. So if your favourable elements are water and wood, it should be a pretty smooth year. 

My buddy and I explored Chinatown CNY street light-up last Friday. I think this year there are more visitors compared to last year. The street was quite crowded last Friday with more people shopping for CNY goodies in Chinatown this year. I love the vibe this year. 

From https://chinatownfestivals.sg

Chinatown is once again beautifully decorated with street light-up to mark the celebration of Lunar New Year. Designed by students from the Singapore University of Technology and Design, this year street light-up will feature sculptured lanterns from cub to tiger striving to achieve strength and vitality in their growing up to depict how we will stay united and emerge stronger from this Covid pandemic. Not forgetting the centrepiece between New Bridge Road and Eu Tong Sen Street that comprise a family of tigers to signify reunion, harmony and prosperity.
Really beautiful design!

As usual, every year I will read the annual horoscopes to see what to look out for. Fortune reading is like weather forecast.

My horoscope is Rooster! Yes I can be very blunt and argumentative sometimes. I think as I grow older, I am less argumentative and blunt. I must remember to practise Right Speech. 

Really adorable tiger Chinese New Year decor











I love their red bean pastry and wife biscuit.



Comments

Popular Posts