Chinatown Food Street is Finally Opened!

The long awaited $5 million revamped Chinatown Food Street is finally launched in Chinatown Smith Street. I love the idea of having the best hawker stalls from around Singapore to be located in one convenient location, easily accessible to both public who don't drive and tourists via public transport. 

The Chinatown Food Street houses 24 stalls which include famous hawkers like Tiong Bahru Meng Kee Roast Duck, Geylang Lor 9 Fresh Frog Porridge, Old Airport Road Satay Bee Hoon and BBQ Steamboat. The 100m long street is sheltered by a glass ceiling and is well-ventilated. 
Sculpture of Samsui Woman at the Top at the entrance.
 Just alight at Chinatown MRT and walk to Smith Street in about 8 minutes.
Samsui women refers to women Chinese immigrant who used to construct building between 1920s to 1940s in Singapore.

The 100m long food street is filled with 24 stalls. 
Really delighted with this great find at Tiong Bahru Meng Kee Roast Duck stall. Finally I find great springy noodle with wonderful sauce. You must try their roast duck noodle! 
 Roasted Drumstick Noodle costs $7. But I really love the delicious noodles and the roast duck. Though I didn't try the Char Siew and roast pork belly, I read that they are awesome. 
 You can also try the satay which is well-marinated. But it cost $0.70 per stick for the chicken satay which is quite expensive.  
 My cousin and I don't really like the fried oyster omelette from Katong Keah Kee Fried Oyster Ometlette. I felt the oyster needs to be more well-cooked. 
 Think you can skip the roti prata as it is not crispy. Maybe you should just go to the main stall at Serangoon road. 
 We didn't try satay bee hoon, but read that it is passable. 
I tried the avocado longan ice dessert which costs me $4.50. Think you can skip this and try local ice-kachang instead.

Comments

Popular Posts