Fried Crispy Ice-Cream Durian at Majestic Restaurant

I heard of the famous fried durian ice-cream at Majestic restaurant at Bukit Pasoh road. Out of curiosity, I decided to try this fried durian ice-cream and dim sum for lunch with my young cousin. 

While waiting for my food, I noticed someone familiar in the open-concept kitchen. After googling, I realized it is the award-winning chef Yong Bing Ngen who helms this restaurant and had appeared on local television. 

I'm quite impressed with some of the dishes like crabmeat bun and fried crispy durian ice-cream. I'll definitely visit this restaurant again but maybe two months later because it is not really cheap.
Crispy durian ice-cream is really a good choice. If you love durian, you'll love it. ($10.00)
Nice presentation. I like the chopsticks.
Menus
While waiting for food, you can munch on the photo chip. I thought it was complementary but it costs $3.00. If you don't like, you can decline. 
Love this yin and yang condiment plate
This is really an award-winning restaurant. 
Prawn dumpling is a must have dim sum.
Pork dumpling with roes.
Crabmeat buns ($6.00) are filled with chili crab. Really love this unique dim sum which is not common
Spring roll with yam inside. ($4.50)
Custard buns ($6.00)  are filled with oozing salted egg custard
Good to eat the custard bun while its still hot.
Soft shell crabs with mango and watermelon cubes in salted egg york sauce. Really delicious but pricey. ($20.00) 
Fried seafood noodles is good but not impressive. ($22.00). I mean at $5.00, I can get similar fried seafood noodle at a good zichar stall.
I still miss this crispy durian ice-cream. Maybe I eat this again in 2 months time.
New Majestic Hotel
How to get to Majestic restaurant?

Just alight at Outram Road MRT and walk to New Majestic Hotel for about 5 minutes since Majestic Hotel is located at Majestic Hotel.

Majestic Restaurant

New Majestic Hotel

31-37 Bukit Pasoh Road

Singapore 089845

Tel: [65] 6511 4718

Fax: [65] 6222 3379

Website: http://www.restaurantmajestic.com/index.html

Comments

Popular Posts