58th Singapore National Day Parade Rehearsal 2023

Finally! I finally got to watch NDP performance yesterday at the Padang as part of NDP rehearsal thanks to my youngest brother. This year, 9th August, Singapore will be celebrating 58 years of independence. This year theme is 'Onward as One'.

I last watched NDP rehearsal at the Padang in 2019 when my cousins gave me the ticket.  You must understand it is really difficult to get the NDP tickets with the current online balloting system. I had been trying to get NDP and NDP preview tickets for more than 10 years to no avail. 

I think this year NDP performance is one of the best shows! We enjoyed the performance especially the happy songs medley like Rasa Sayang, Munnaeru Vaalibaa which I used to sing when I was in the school choir. 

I also love the flying show put up by The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) Enhanced Aerial Display as part of RSAF 55th anniversary. The loud zooming sound by the high speed planes metaphorically zoomed away all unhappiness. Not forgetting the exciting skydiving by the 8 parachutists and the dazzling fireworks at the end of the show. 

I heard that next Sunday will be the start of NE show. If you love fireworks, you can go to the Marina Bay area to view the fireworks at around 8 pm. 

You can read 2019 NDP rehearsal post here.
The finale with dazzling fireworks.





I love this year Enhanced Aerial Display by The Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF). 











We were stuck in the queue for about 10 minutes.

The Civilian War Memorial. People were directed to the Padang via WW2 war memorial.

This year goodies.
NDP 2023 tote bag filled with goodies inside
I like this song Rasa sayang performed in this year NDP. I like this 1980s video which features Singapore multiracial society and food. But things change like things are more expensive now.
Munnaeru Vaalibaa

Shine your light

Comments

Popular Posts