Yumin Primary School - My Former School

I spent several years at Yumin Primary School during my primary school education till 1993. I had a great Principal Mr Tan who gave all Primary 6 students Mathematics revision early in the morning in the school hall before school assembly. I also had a wonderful Primary 5 to 6 Form teacher Mr Sng who gave us Mathematics remedial lesson after school. I am eternally grateful to them. 

I remember I saw my former principal Mr Tan at a bookshop and I went up to say thank you to him. I also visited my Primary 6 form teacher to thank him for his help. They have since retired and I hope they are well. 

Till now, I can still sing the School song as I spent about 6 years singing the school song every morning in school. The song will always be in my heart. The following is from Yumin Primary School website here.

HISTORY 

Yumin Primary School has her roots in two Chinese village schools, 'Yook Kiau' and 'Ping Min', in 
the old Tampines area from 1940 to 1974. The two schools merged in 1975 and was renamed 'Yook Min Primary School'. It was relocated to the present site in 1985 and renamed Yumin Primary School'. In 2003, the school was upgraded under PRIME programme.

Currently the school has an enrolment of 1283 pupils of different ethnic groups. The school offers Chinese and Malay languages as mother tongue languages for pupils.

CREST



The gear is an essential component in a machine. It keeps rotating until the product has been completed. Then it will turn again yet and yet again to manufacture new products.
Thus, the gear with an open book illustrates the endless search for knowledge with perseverance and determination.

SONG


Click here to listen to school song

We are one big family, we will strive for our country,
With the education we receive from a school that's heavenly.
We will study hard for sure, with the will to go forward,
With this book to show the way
We'll make and take the highest grade.

We are proud, we are proud, we are proud, we are proud,
We are proud of Yumin Primary School, a school that helps us all.

Our School will be our pride, it's a pride that's only right,
This is one thing we will dearly hold and will hold with all our might.
We will study hard for sure, with the will to go forward,
With this book to show the way
We'll make and take the highest grade.

We are proud, we are proud, we are proud, we are proud,
We are proud of Yumin Primary School, a school that helps us all.

Comments

Popular Posts