Back to My Old Home at Tampines

After borrowing some books at Temasek Polytechnic library, I decided to go to Tampines Central for lunch. I took bus 518 outside Temasek Polytechnic thinking it would pass by Tampines Central MRT. It did not. I decided to alight near Yumin Primary School when I realised it be heading to Pasir Ris. 

I decided to take a look at my childhood home at Tampines Blk 207. Wow, the flat is very well-maintained even though its going to be 40 years old. I stayed here from 1981 to 1987 and spent happy days playing at Singapore iconic Dragon playground with my elder brother. 

I also went to look at the home at level 8 where I used to stay. I still remember if we went to the top level 9, we would be able to see Changi Airport tower. Alas, the view is now blocked by new flats. 

I have been staying at Tampines since I was a few months old. I hope to own a new home in Tampines and hope the government will allow Singles to buy BTO flat in mature estate like Tampines. If not, I have to buy resale flat in Tampines. 
View from level 8 at Blk 207 where I used to stay.
This used to be the iconic Dragon playground but now it's replaced by this playground made of plastics material.
I spent 6 years at Yumin Primary School. It's just a 3-minute walk from my flat at Tampines Blk 207.
The provision shop aka mama shop at my void deck area. We used to buy snacks and colourful ice sticks or ice pops here. I think there is change of owner.
Now there is automated parking system.
I used to stay at Tampines Blk 207 from 1981 to 1987. My 3rd younger brother was born in 1987 and he spent his 1 year old birthday at the new flat, aka the current flat we are staying.
Coffee shop near my home. We used to eat here.

Comments

Popular Posts