Singapore River Hongbao 2016

Yesterday was the official opening of River Hongbao show at The Float@Marina Bay. For the past few Chinese New Years, I've been visiting River Hongbao show to view the beautifully crafted lanterns and to immerse in Chinese New year mood with my cousins. 

I like this year fireworks show, there was beautiful golden firework dust and this year there be dazzling firework everyday till 14 February. Last year, there were fireworks only on the first and last day of the event. 

There are not many food variety compared to last year. But this year, there are more dessert choices. 

Since its the year of Monkey zodiac, this year theme is the popular Chinese classics Journey to the West which features Sun WuKong aka the Monkey King who is tasked to protect his Master, a Buddhist monk Xuanzang to India for the sacred sutra. Xuanzang two other disciples are the glutton Wuneng and honest Wujing. This great classics originated during the Ming dynasty (1592) by Wu Cheng en. I really love the China drama production in the 80. The actor really portrayed Sun Wukong really well. 

There will be Xinyao performance on next Thursday. I want to watch but then I have to work on Friday. By the way, admission is free. I think its great to bring your parents along. Last year I took my parents to River Hongbao show. 

How to get there?
Alight at Cityhall MRT/Esplanade MRT. Walks to Esplanade theatre. It is about 5 to 10 minutes walk from Esplanade theatre.
Or alight at Bayfront MRT. It is about 10 minutes walk from Bayfront MRT. 

Website: http://www.riverhongbao.sg/
 At the entrance. It was drizzling. Luckily it stopped raining after about 5 to 10 minutes of rain.
 Monkeys and peaches.

 God of Fortune. 

 There are more desserts and snacks.
 My Chinese zodiac is Rooster. Hopefully this is a better year!

 Singapore Prime Minister, Mr Lee Hsien Loong (in pink shirt) activating the system to switch on the lanterns at River Hongbao yesterday.
 My Chinese zodiac, Rooster, forever 28 years old.
 I dreamed of 3 beautiful peacocks last year.
 God of Fortune (财神)
 Sun WuKong aka the Monkey King

 Journey to the West



 Fireworks dazzling the night.

Comments

Popular Posts