Happy 元宵节 or Chinese Valentine Day!

Today is the fifteenth day of Chinese or Lunar New Year. My family, a traditional Teochew family had a sumptuous dinner together. I must say the dishes are so much better compared to the reunion day on Chinese New Year Eve as my brother ordered from a caterer. 

We had a lavish home-cooked dinner which include abalone,shark fins, fried tiger prawns, stir-fried chili tomato prawns prepare by my elder brother who is talented in cooking just like my mum, rich fragrant soup with many dishes like abalone, quail eggs, fish maw, fish and pork balls. Maybe its a Teochew thing. We love to eat fish and pork balls. :) 
 8 dishes prepared by my mum and elder brother.  Yummy dinner today!
 Shark fin soup with egg on top. 
 My mum's signature soup with abalone, fish maw, fish ball, pork ball, radish, quail eggs. My dad brought the ngoh hiang.
 Mum marinated the chicken wings for hours.
 Fried tiger prawns (left) prepared by mum and chili tomato tiger prawns cooked by my elder brother. One of my favourite dishes.
 Cabbage with abalone (left) and fish topped with chopped vegetable (Forgot the name but mum always ask me to eat so that I can count lots of money) 
 Tang yuan or glutinous rice balls is traditional Chinese desserts. We have it today.
 I love this rich soup filled with so much dishes like pork ball, fish ball, quail eggs, abalone, radish, vegetables and fish maw.
 One of my favourite dishes, fried crispy prawns prepared by my mum!
 Dad brought these ngoh hiang.


 Braised beancurd.
 Fried rice cooked by my mum.
 Youngest brother brought spare ribs from a zichar stall.
Youngest brother brought egg tofu with prawns from a zichar stall. 

Comments

Popular Posts