Henri Charpentier at Dempsey Road

Singapore is a really small city state of about 40km by 20km. Despite this fact, there are many places I have yet to explore in my country. For the first time, I finally went to the 'atas' or posh area at Dempsey Road. If you have no car, it is really inconvenient to go since the nearest bus stop is really far away. After exploring the Dempsey hill website, I realised there are free shuttle bus service at several areas including at Orchard road. You can visit the shuttle bus service here.

If you want to eat at Dempsey hill where there are many western restaurants that specializes in authentic Italian or French food, be prepared to bring at least a hundred dollars or debit/credit card if you want to indulge. They also have Chinese and Indian restaurant like Samy's Curry and local seafood restaurant Long Beach. Besides restaurants, there are arts galleries, Australian grocery store and spa. 

My cousin and cousin-in-law took me there to try French-japan dessert restaurant at Henri Charpentier. We ordered the cakes and drinks and total cost came up to nearly $80.00. Wow, I didn't know dessert can be so expensive. Nevertheless, its good to treat oneself once in a while. 

Visit Dempsey Hill website to find out more:http://www.dempseyhill.com
 Matche Opera ($9.00). I like this green tea cake which is not too sweet and I simply love the matche topping and sponge cake texture. 
 I don't really like this Blueberry rare cheesecake ($8.50). I find the cake too creamy rich. 
 Mont Blanc ($9.00) is another highly recommended cake with chestnut inside. 
 Matcha Latte ($11.00) is a really expensive drink. But I thought since I won't be visiting Dempsey Road for a long time, I decided to try this drink. I like matcha but not really the taste of rich milk. I won't be ordering this drink again. 
Not many people on a weekday.
 I just feel that the above desserts are too expensive and look small portion. Not really value for money. I mean I can have a similar delicious creme brulee at a much lower price elsewhere. 

 Their signature dessert is the Dome which will melt after dousing the chocolate sphere in flame. 

Comments

Popular Posts