Wanton Noodle at National University of Singapore

About a year ago, I met my friend for lunch at National University of Singapore (NUS), Science faculty canteen since she was working there. At the same time, I could also relive my undergraduate days by exploring the places I frequently went when I was a student. 

I'm surprised with the many changes at NUS and Clementi. Clementi bus interchange is now air-conditioned. Students have many food choices. Now there is Starbuck cafe at Yusof Ishak House! 

Anyway it is a joy to be back at NUS now. I don't have to worry about the assignments I need to submit or prepare for any examinations. I can also buy any food and stationery I like without worrying about budget. It is great to earn your own keep and just enjoy the moment. 

Delicious and affordable food can easily be found in NUS canteens. My friend recommended wanton noodle and western food at Science canteen, The Frontier. 

So I decided to try the wanton noodle since it is getting harder to get good wanton noodle in Singapore. Although I had to queue for a long time, about 20 minutes for the wanton noodle, it was well worth it. The noodle is springy q, meat is fresh with no funny smell that is common in pork and the soup is tasty light that I finished it all. 

Wantoon noodle are priced at $1.80 and $2.00 for normal and bigger portion respectively. Of course, I chose $2.00. 

If you live in the west part of Singapore, do try the canteen food. Besides the Science canteen, the Arts, Business and Engineering faculty also have a wide variety of food. I miss Engineering canteen avocado shake
   NUS Central
                                Air-conditioned Clementi bus interchange. 
At the Bus stop where I used to wait for bus
                                Now is the monsoon season. It poured heavily.
       The staircase that leads to NUS Engineering faculty
NUS is still the same with all the trees. 
 View from NUS Engineering faculty
 At Yusof Ishak House where I used to go for night study and food.
  At NUS Science canteen, The Frontier
 Bazaar outside The lecture hall
 Springy wanton noodle with well-marinated cha sao meat and fresh wanton. Besides the secret sauce added, I also add chilli and vinegar sauce to the noodle. 
Wanton and prawn meat dumpling

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. I will visit the place if happen to pass by.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts