Steamboat on New Year Eve

I spent the New Year eve with my relatives and we had buffet steamboat lunch at The House of Steamboat which is located near the Bugis MRT station, exit D which is nearer to the Downtown line and is about two minutes walk from the MRT station. 

Actually I don't really like steamboat and didn't have it for the past five years until my cousin requested for it. I find it quite troublesome as I need to cook my own food when I paid for it. But I thought, maybe I can have steamboat for the fun of cooking together. 

Since I'm not sure which is the best steamboat in Singapore, I just googled it and found this value for money steamboat buffet. It received quite good reviews from several bloggers. I really find the steamboat soup quite good and overall the food quite satisfactory. I was only disappointed that the ice-cream machine was not in operation. 

Bugis is known for the plenty of good and value for money steamboat restaurant in Singapore. There are many steamboat restaurants that are mostly operate by mainland Chinese.

We chose the tomyum and chicken herbal soup. I like the tom yum soup. However, after adding the flower crabs, the chicken herbal soup was very flavorful and tasty. So if you want awesome soup, put the crab into the soup and it will taste like seafood soup. 

Though I will advise you to take wet tissue (they do provide dry tissue paper), as I find hygienic wise, there is still room for improvement. But, it is really value for money at $22.00 per person, if you have both steamboat and BBQ. Considering the fact that you can take as much crab, meat, prawns and fish as you like as it is steamboat buffet. The only troublesome thing is they control the expensive items like crab, prawns, chicken, pork and fish. You need to tick the chart and request for it when you want it.  

The House of Steamboat

Address: 7 TAN QUEE LAN STREET, SINGAPORE—188096 

How to get there? 

Just alight at Bugis MRT station and walk to exit D. It is just a two minute walk to the eatery. 
 The House of Steamboat is located near Bugis MRT station and its just a two-minute walk to it. 
Buffet style.  You can take your own food like dumpling, fishball, vegetables, fishcake, beancurd and noodle.
Beancurd and meatballs
We chose tom yum and chicken herbal soup
While cooking the food, they served us fried man tou and chicken wings
I took some crabmeat (more like fishpaste), dumpling, and some seafood ball
 Add an egg and prawn, this ee mian noodle tom yum soup is just so delicious!
Hot sizzling soup
Heritage Place. Love the preserved shophouses with long history.

Comments

Popular Posts