Shake Shack at 89 Neil Road Singapore

I'm a fan of Shake Shack. I first had Shake Shake famous 'Shroom burger in New York when I went for my first solo travel to Big Apple in 2011. I was hoping that Shake Shack would come to Singapore then and I was elated when they finally arrived last year at Jewel Airport! Now there are five branches in Singapore. 

I have tried four Shake Shack restaurants in Singapore except the one at Vivocity.

Last Sunday, I went to Shake Shack at 89 Neil Road where you can view the beautiful wall mural by local artist. It is located just next to the Pinnacle Duxton public housing. 

I realised the Neil Road branch has different operating model compared with the other three branches. At the other branches, there are many A4 size menu laminated and available near the order counter and tomatoe sauces are packed in plastic containers. Whereas the Neil Road branch don't have any A4 size menu and customers have to turn to the side to refer to the menu on the wall. If they are concerned of environment, they can just print one without lamination and place it on the counter table where the customers can refer to it. Also I was not so happy when the cheese leaked out of the Shroom burger. It just goes to show there is no food quality check at Neil Road branch.

I really like Shake Shack but my only complain is there is no chili sauce available and different branches have different food quality. 

In my opinion, the best food is served at Suntec City branch. I find the Pie-oh-my concrete is much better than the one at Orchard Road and food are served piping hot. My cousin and I noticed the food served at Neil Road is not that hot and I was disappointed to see 'Shroom burger cheese was already leaking out. Orchard road branch Pie-oh-my concrete tart has the burnt taste which Suntec City don't have. 

I will be back to Shake Shack at Suntec City for Shroom burger and pie-oh-my concrete again!

Where: 89 Neil Road #01-01, Singapore 088849

Nearest MRT: Outram Park MRT exit G

From Shake Shack website here


About 89 NEIL ROAD, SINGAPORE

The 89 Neil Road Shack’s elegant design is inspired by the vibrant surrounding Chinatown and iconic colorful Peranakan architecture. The historic building retains the original neoclassical bones balanced by modern details such as soft pink and mint hues, rose-gold accents and pink terrazzo. The airy interior is anchored by a tiger mural harkening back to the building’s history as the former Tiger Balm factory. Singaporean artist, Sam Lo, created a striking façade mural inspired by the neighborhood with auspicious Chinese symbols like the Lucky Bat and Qilin, Malay roof eaves and Peranakan tiling.

Two new concretes were created based on local flavors, and Eye of the Tiger features vanilla custard blended with lychee, raspberry and shortbread, topped with lime zest, while Open Sesame is vanilla custard blended with black sesame paste and Plain Vanilla brownies, topped with black sesame seeds and gold-dusted chocolate. Supporting the local creative scene, 5% of sales from the Shack Attack concrete supports Very Special Arts Singapore (VSA), a non-profit organization providing opportunities for the disabled through arts.

This beautiful wall mural is by Singaporean artist Sam Lo. 

This history building used to be Tiger Balm factory in Chinatown Neil Road. 

This wall mural of two fiery tigers are reminding you that this building used to be Tiger Balm factory. 
This old historic shophouses in Chinatown are now occupied mostly by restaurants or Chinese clans.

As usual, I had 'Shroom burger and cheese fries. I tried the shop Open Sesame concrete which is only available at Neil Road branch. I still prefer Pie-oh-my concrete at Suntec city.
Open Sesame concrete is only available at Neil Road branch.
This is the only branch that serves tomato sauce in packages.

Comments

Popular Posts