Saveur at Cathay

My initial plan to The Cathay was to try wallet-friendly Italian Concetto by Saveur restaurant as I read raving reviews of their carbonara pasta. The carbonara egg looked so tantalizing. Alas, when we arrived at Cathay, there is no more Concetto restaurant which focuses on Italian cuisine. Instead, the restaurant is now Saveur which specializes on French cuisine at affordable price. 

Since my cousin and I travelled all the way to Cathay, we decided to just eat the French cuisine as we also love their popular Saveur's pasta. We had three course set dinner priced at $29.90. I decided to treat her since she has no job yet. 

If you are looking for delicious and value for money French cuisine, I highly recommend Saveur restaurant. There are three Saveur restaurants in Singapore. I love their Far East Plaza and The Cathay branches. Both services and food quality are great. 

How to get to Saveur at The Cathay?

Just alight at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station and walked out of the Breadtalk store (near the exit). It is located at The Cathay.
Website: http://www.saveur.sg

We simply love Saveur's pasta. Love the pasta smooth and springy texture topped with generous sakura ebi and chopped pork paste dripped with chilli oil which is not so spicy. ($4.90)
For starter, my cousin had foie gras with lentils. She enjoyed the food but I simply don't like foie gras.
We ordered additional duck salad to share. The salad is drenched in refreshing lemon vinaigrette, quail eggs and tangy orange. ($6.90)
I had salmon confit for starter. This raw salmon was really fresh and sat on top of apple and fennel with lemon vinaigrette. Normally I don't really eat raw salmon. But I really like this dish.
We chose salmon for our main course. Underneath the chunky salmon is creamy pearl barley risotto with asparagus, baby carrots and tapenade sauce. A healthy and yummy dish!
I had chocolate and hazelnut for dessert! A really sweet chocolate mousse mixed with crushed hazelnut and broken raspberries.
My cousin had cookie and milk which is actually cookie dough ice cream covered with honey cloud.
Click here for menu.

Comments

  1. Interesting reading your blog, and beautiful pictures of food.
    www.dztraveler.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts