Lunch at Mama Panda Kitchen River Safari

I went to see cute pandas at River Safari recently hoping to see Jia Jia, the female panda on loan from China for ten years to Singapore. Alas, as usual I only managed to see Kai Kai, the cute and lovely male panda. After admiring Kai Kai from afar for about 25 minutes, I went to have a late lunch with my friend at Mama Panda Kitchen, located inside River Safari. 

So how was the food? I think it is mediocre at best. The noodle is kinda overcooked and bland. Spring rolls and fried wantons are not impressive. I think the only item I liked was the mango pudding and fried lotus. But there is red bun in the form of panda which you can try.   

How to go to River Safari?

You can alight at Ang Mo Kio MRT and take bus 138 to River Safari.

Read my earlier post on River Safari here.

 Outside Kai Kai and Jia Jia's home.
 Took this photo last December. The set meal cost $15.90 then, but it has increased to $16.90 now.
   Kai Kai eating bamboo.

 My friend had the chicken chop ramen set which includes the mango mousse and cucumber sticks. It costs $16.90. 
 I had the Shanghai Wonton ramen set that includes mango mousse and fried lotus. It also costs $16.90.
 Fried wantons side dish cost $5.90
 Spring roll costs $3.90
 I brought soya milk with the cute souvenir bottle which costs $5.00
My favorite dishes are Mango pudding and fried lotus.

Comments

Popular Posts