Scenic Views from Bus 129

As shared in previous posts, I enjoy travelling via double-decker bus as I can have better vantage point. To me it's a joy to travel in double-decker bus especially during off-peak period. I can explore other parts of Singapore that I rarely explore. Most of the time, I will be at Orchard road or Raffles City shopping mall reading and eating my favourite food.

If I were to travel to Toa Payoh via train, it will take about an hour. First I need to take a bus from my flat to Tampines Bus Interchange which takes about 15 minutes, follow by taking SMRT which takes about 25 minutes and another 10 minutes for changing the train. Not forgetting the time to walk from the bus interchange to MRT station and waiting for the train, it will take about 75 minutes in total. 

However for bus 129, I just have to walk to Temasek Polytechnic bus stop station. The journey from Temasek polytechnic in Tampines to Toa Payoh bus interchanges takes about 30 minutes to reach. I have been taking note of the travelling time and 30 minutes travelling time is quite consistent. 

Recently, I've been travelling to Toa Payoh from Tampines for a short course. All Singaporeans above 25 years old are entitled to $500.00 of Skills Future fund. We can choose any course we want under the Skills future and we can just use the $500.00 to pay for the course. I love learning new things so I think this is really a good initiative by the government. To me, life is about learning and acquiring new knowledge. 

Below are the views that I saw in Bus 129 double decker bus  You can view the lake along Tampines Ave 1 which is not possible If you travel by car.
Lake along Tampines Ave 1.
Sand storage along Tampines road.
Private housing estate.

Comments

Popular Posts