Dinner at Singapore Favourite Food Villiage at Clark Quay

If you are looking to try local hawker food, Singapore Favourite Food Village at Clark Quay is the place to go. This 10-day event starting from 24 July to 2 August at Read Bridge,Clark Quay, features 30 local stalls, among them popular hawker stall like the delicious Fried Kuay Teow (flat noodles) from from Old Changi Airport Road, Lao Fu Zi Char Kway Teow stall. My cousin-in-law recognise the Old Airport Road hawkers.


Ellenborough Market used to be known as the Teochew market as many Teochews used to sell hawker food. This event which pays homage to Ellenborough Market features many Teochew cuisines and also local popular hawker food like Kueh Pie Tee, Satay and Laksa.

There are also free performances like Teochew opera on 25 and 26 July by Tok Tok Chiang, 1 and 2 August by Nam Hwa Opera. For more information, you can visit here.

How to get there?
Just alight at Clark Quay MRT station and Exit C. 


Clark Quay at night is always filled with tourists and local residents relaxing along the Singapore River.  

 My mum is Teo Yeonh and Dad is Kit Yeonh. One day, I want to go to Chaozhou and learn more about my Teochew roots. 
There are many Teochews around the world.

 This place is bustling with many people and you really need to wait to get seats. Luckily my cousin found a table for us. 
Satay is expensive here at $0.80 per stick.
Laksa broth
Chicken satay here is quite pricey. One stick costs $0.80 and 20 of them costs a total of $16.00! If you really want to try just buy 10 sticks. Oh, you need to buy a minimum of 10 sticks. 

 Really delicious Fried Kway Teow from the Lao Fu Zi Char Kway Teow from Old Airport Road. Not sure how much it cost since my cousin-in-law treated us. It doesn't comes with the prawn stick. My cousin gave me the prawn stick which she purchased from other stall.
I like Kueh Pie Tee. It costs $2 for four which I find it quite worth it and I love it. It is filled with stir fried shredded Chinese turnips.

My favourite Chinese dessert is Orh Nee or Yam paste topped with coconut sauce.  This is really delicious and its a must order dessert if you love orh nee like me. They yam paste is silky smooth. I brought it at Satay Bee Hoon International Catering stall.



Comments

Popular Posts