Cantonese Food at Moi Lum Restaurant

I had an enjoyable dinner with great food with my cousins and cousin-in-law recently at Moi Lum restaurant which is a walking distance from Red Dot Design Museum. Moi Lum restaurant serves traditional Cantonese food and was founded in 1920s  by founder Mr Khong Yu Lum. They are well-known for their majestic roast chicken and salted egg spring rolls.  For dinner, my cousin-in-law ordered their signature dishes and treated us to this great meal. 

You can visit Moi Lum restaurant website here.
How to get there?

38 Maxwell Road
Airview Building #01-01/02
Singapore 069116

Tel: 62262283
Just alight at Tanjong Pagar MRT station and walk for about 10 minutes. It is next to Red Dot Design Museum.

We like the roast chicken. Meat is flavorful and quite tender, skin is crispy tasty.
 In the restaurant.
 Condiments. 

 Deep fried white bait fish. It tasted really like french fries. 
 If I were to eat alone or pay, I will never order this salted egg fish skins as I find that it is not value for money and am skeptical that fish skin can be so delicious. But I was impressed by this salted egg salmon fish skin, it can be quite addictive once you start eating. 
 Salted egg spring rolls is filled with minced pork and salted egg yolk and is worth a try.
 Crab meat fish maw soup.
 Dried scallop pea shoots is healthy and tasty. We love this dish.
 Seafood hor fun is not so generous with egg white and some hor fun was burnt. 
 I had mango gelato in young coconut. It was a chore to dig out the coconut meat. 

 Red bean soup
When I saw the fishes, I felt sad. I will not order any fish dishes here. 

Comments

Popular Posts