Magazines

The weekly U magazine is finally ending it's last print magazine in end of October this year. This is the last local entertainment print magazine after 8 Days and I magazine ended their last print editions in year 2018. 

Sadly, many magazines have stopped publishing due to dwindling readership. Most of the young rarely read now and are mostly engrossed in social media. Home & Decor magazine also ended monthly print magazine early this year but has now switched to publishing annually now. I think there is a need for hardcopy magazines to establish it's presence. 

After magazines like 8 Days, Women Weekly switched to digital,  I've stopped reading them as too much onscreen reading is bad for eyesight and I already spend long hours looking at computer screen during work. On the other hand, I can also stop buying these magazines which take up too much space at home. I have to be selective which magazines and books to keep in my personal library in next stock taking for my four big bookshelves and two small bookshelves. 

Thank you to U magazine for the additional 6 years of joy while the other two local magazines went digital. 
Andy Lau, one of my favourite actors on UWeekly magazine cover. 

Now Home & Decor are publishing annually. I do hope they publish those never published Decor instead of repeating previously published interior design.
 

Comments

Popular Posts