Looking to Buy a Flat

I am now looking to buy a flat in Singapore. Recently I was exploring Tampines resale flat 3-room flat and most of it are selling above $380,000.00. Some of the flats are really old like more than 35 years old. There are concerns like maintenance cost.

If I want to buy flats at lower prices like $130,000.00, then I can only buy new BTO (Build-To-Order) flats in non-mature estates like in the west side of Singapore. Most mature estates are in the east side of Singapore like Tampines. Singles are paying more taxes and can only purchase new BTO flats in non-mature estates. I prefer to stay near my parents in the east side of Singapore but resale flats in the East are really expensive. 

Alas, I've been staying in Tampines for about 40 years now. I do hope the government can change HDB policy to benefit local Singles. After all, we have been contributing to Singapore economy. I do hope Singapore government can let Singles buy BTO flats in mature estates soon.  

I'm currently staying in a 5-room HDB flat with my family. In my bedroom alone, I have 5 bookshelves (1 bookshelf is about 80 to 90 cm) and a 3-door wardrobe. If I were to move to a BTO 2-room flat, I think I can only put at most 4 bookshelves in the place due to the small space.  


Recently I like to watch home decor videos. This video is a 2-room BTO flat in Singapore.

Comments

Popular Posts