Lotus Kitchen at Chinatown Point

I finally had vegetarian dim sum at Lotus Kitchen, a vegetarian restaurant at Chinatown Point. Upon stepping out of Chinatown Point MRT station exit, you will see the Lotus Kitchen in front of you. 

There are many dim sum and Chinese dishes at Lotus Kitchen. But food here is not cheap. My two cousins and I shared 3 noodles dishes like herbal ramen, stir fried laksa, ee-fu noodle and 4 dim sums and total price is $72.50 after including 10% service charge and 7% Goods Service Charge. (GST). Food is not really impressive and yet it is expensive. Think I will cut down on eating at restaurant as it is so expensive especially when 10% GST start in few years time and there is 10% service charge. Maybe eating once a month is fine but not every week.  

You can view the full menu here.

Lotus Kitchen at Chinatown Point
Nearest MRT: Chinatown MRT station
 Stir fried laksa rice noodle ($9.80) is really tasty but very spicy. 

 Herbal ramen soup at $9.80. I find the noodle taste more like rice noodle and not the springy ramen.
 Fried carrot cake ($4.80) is one dish I will order again. Crispy outside yet soft inside.

Braised Ee-fu noodle is quite chewy and bland. I won't order this dish again. Most of the time, I like ee-fu noodle.

 Taro Mee Sua Cake (6pcs at $6.80). This fried dim sum is filled mostly with mee Sua and not much taro to my disappointment. I won't order this dish on my next visit.

 Lion’s Mane Mushroom Pan-fried Dumpling (6pcs) is quite ok if you miss fried dumpling. I think eating one dumpling is enough for me. 
 This is my favourite dim sum, Pumpkin Balls With Taro Filling (4pcs). I love the chewy pumpkin with soft yam paste and a few pumpkin seeds inside. I definitely will order this again.

 This year is Pig year, wishing everyone a prosperous and happy Chinese New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts