Salted Egg Yolk Craze in Singapore!

My first favourite salted egg york dish is Liu sha bao or salted egg yolk custard bun in Dim Sum restaurant. Now you can see salted egg yolk dish every where in Singapore. Instead of naming it salted egg yolk, they call it the Golden Lava. Now you can find golden lava croissant, golden lava cheese tart, salted egg yolk burger by McDonald. Even Fish & Co restaurant has jumped onto the Golden Lava bandwagon. They are now offering Golden lava prawns and Fish & Chip!

After praying at Kuan Yin temple at Waterloo street yesterday, I decided to try the new prawns deluxe aka salted egg yolk prawns at Bugis shopping mall. Well, I ordered too many dishes at Fish & Co since I last eaten in February when my cousin treated me to my favourite Seafood Feast there for my birthday. I'm quite happy with their revamped menu which includes caesar salad with tamago egg. Total cost of the meal is  $52.73 which includes 10% service charge and 7% GST. Well I didn't really use cash to pay for it but the cost was offset as my membership card still has $108 credit in it. Hmm, end of the year, I'm going to Fish & Co again. This time with my friend or cousins. 
Premium fish and chips filled with golden salted egg at $18.95. I love their crispy fish & chips.
I had Salmon with Citrus crust with mushroom cream ($19.95). I always add chopped garlic and mix the paella rice with coleslaw. Yummy!
Caesar salad with tamago at $9.95. I love their new menu which includes caesar salad though I find it pricey for vegetables and eggs. But once in a while, I like to pamper myself with my favourite food. :)
I also top up with cheese baked scallop ($5.95)
Salted egg yolk prawns deluxe ($8.95) is quite tasty. Eat when it is hot and crispy. 
I like their Bugis restaurant design. Guess I love wood design as it gives warm feeling and makes me happy. Hmm, next time my home will have lots of wood furniture and wall design.

Comments

Popular Posts