Saturday, 10 October 2026

Changes

I notice great changes in the 40 years old neighbourhood. I miss the vibrant wall secular cute design outside young nursery/kindergarten. Also it had been quiet and peaceful in the past. It's only recently, like a year or two that the playground and near the fitness corner, you can hear children screaming and screeching in loud pitch frequently. I mean it's normal for children to raise their volume when playing but nowadays the way they scream are very high sharp pitch and very loud. 

I asked my friends and relatives if they noticed the change in children and also teenagers. My relative shared with me some teenagers like to scream in high pitch in the public bus causing public nuisance!! Maybe they need help and release stress. I also noticed some teenagers playing loud music in public bus. Maybe public bus need to put up reminders in the bus that if people play loud music or make loud noise in public transport, there will be fine now. The volume and pitch are much louder now. If parents despite teaching and the children are still screaming like that, maybe they need to seek help. Or are they intentionally creating noise pollution to disrupt the harmony and peace of the neighbourhood? Maybe that's the reason why some Singaporeans are leaving due to the crowd and noise. 

Early intervention can help the children to self-regulate. Schools should also remind their students not to scream in high pitch when playing. Parents should not ignore if their children like to give very high pitch screaming. Parents should be around to teach their children to be mindful of noise level and be considerate of others and not leave them disrupting the peace in the neighbourhood. In addition, if they have teenagers, they should monitor what websites their children visit. It is very worrying that teenagers are screaming in public. 

No comments:

Post a Comment