Librarian at Home- Organising Bookshelves at Home

I started to clean and organise my bookshelves last Saturday. I have four tall bookshelves and two short bookshelves in my bedroom. Today I have finally finished cleaning two tall Billy bookshelves and about half of another tall bookshelf. I have been tidying my bookshelves till 2am or 3am the past few days. 

The reason why I took so long is because I pored through every page of the magazines and tore out the advertisement pages. I also cleaned the dusty books and magazines. When I saw interesting article, I also took some time to read it too. I also marked out interesting magazines with stickers at the edge so that I can retrieve the information I want easily. I decided to tear advertisement pages  to just keep the pages of the magazines I want to read to reduce the load on the bookshelves. 

I feel a sense of satisfaction cleaning and organising my books and magazines. I like control and I feel good knowing where are the books and magazines I want. I feel like a librarian in my own library in my bedroom. I organised the books in different bookshelves like the inspiring books, art/design, and travel section. There are still some books and magazines I have not read yet.  

I will continue to clean and organize the rest of the bookshelves tomorrow. I hope to complete the task by next Wednesday. Next week, I will mostly meet and catch up with my friends. 
I love Kungfu panda. Really looking forward to Kung Fu Panda 4.
8 Days and I magazines are no longer in print since 2018. I only keep eight I and 8 Days magazines.
I still keep this staff magazine as I enjoy reading it. 
My prized book with the author's autograph. 柯景腾 Giddens Ko is also a director.
I decided to throw away these books that I had to read for my GCE 'O' levels Pure Literature in 1997. The pages have turned yellow with spots after 24 years. 


My dolls at my bookshelves too. I have too many dolls so I have stopped buying it.

I love these home decor magazines. Currently I'm looking through home decor to get some idea for my new home (I have to try for BTO next year again). I know I want bright cheery design with white marble, wood and pastel colour and bookshelves.

The difficult part of cleaning and organising the bookshelves is deciding which books to give away or throw due to lack of space. 
I still keep Reader's Digest magazines dating back to 1997. I like inspiring figures like Mr Lee Kuan Yew, Singapore former Prime Minister. 
I like to keep these informative brochures and booklets on past art and design exhibitions I visited.
Inspiring books to motivate myself. 

I highly recommend Teacher Man by Frank McCourt especially to teachers. 
Keeping the magazines organised.
I graduated in 2005 from NUS, the year NUS celebrated 100 years of university education in Singapore and we were given this cup. 
My stamp book

I used to collect stamps when I was a teenager. 
I plan to travel to Italy and Switzerland next year. I have many magazines on Italy and Switzerland.

Comments

Popular Posts