Star Gazing in Singapore, Tampines

Today my friend told me that she saw constellation Scorpius from Tampines Central Park. I excitedly went to Tampines Central Park with my Samsung Note 10+ and Panasonic camera to look at the sky. 

Initially I could only see a bright star which is the Jupiter from the picture I took from my phone. Fortunately my friend taught me how to adjust the photo brightness, contrast and exposure to reveal the other stars. Actually I could see the stars from naked eyes as the sky is quite clear today. I'm so happy to see the Jupiter, Saturn, constellations like Sagittarius and Scorpius. 

To know how to see the constellation, you can download the Skyview Free app here.

Thank you LiL for sharing your knowledge on star gazing! 

Using Skyview free app, it reveals the constellation Scorpius and I can take photo too.
Can you see Scorpius constellation? It's between the trees.

Image is from Earth Sky here. How to identify constellation Scorpius. The body has the brightest star Antares and the right side has 3 stars and it has a hook on the left side of Antares. 

From left, you see Saturn (far left) and Jupiter planets and Sagittarius constellation. 



Comments

  1. I've always enjoyed the imagination of those 'seeing' constellations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. I'm surprised I could see it near my home.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts