Mulan the Movie

I was initially reluctant to watch Mulan (花木兰), a movie about Chinese female warrior from Northern and Southern dynasties (4th to 6th century AD) of Chinese history. I mean it's weird looking at Chinese wearing ancient Chinese costumes conversing in English. Yesterday, after a hearty Italian meal at Waterfall, my friend and I decided to watch Mulan at my favourite movie theatre at Shaw Lido. 

To my surprise, this movie is quite funny and hilarious. Besides telling the story of how Mulan, a woman with amazing Qi or energy who took her aged father's place in compulsory conscription for the army (every family has to send a male to defend the country), there are also light-hearted moment of her funny matchmaker. Mulan represents the Chinese virtues- loyal, brave, true and filial piety.

I highly recommend this entertaining movie. This is my first movie this year amid COVID-19. 

Mulan is now showing at Shaw Lido movie theatres.
Shaw Lido theatre at Orchard Road is my favourite movie theatre as I love the comfortable and spacious seat.

Reflection
Chinese Reflection by Coco Lee
Loyal, Brave, True from Mulan




Comments

Popular Posts