25th Star Awards 2019

Growing up, my entertainment was indulging in watching local broadcast Channel 8 local Mandarin dramas besides China and Hong Kong dramas.  Now with the advance of technology, we have more options. Currently, my family and I enjoy watching Hong Kong dramas TVB from Starhub cable television and I also watch Taiwan variety shows from youtube so we rarely watch Channel 8 dramas. Worse, they stopped publishing I magazine, a local Mandarin magazine that promotes local shows and actors and actresses last year. 

Today is the first that I watch Channel 8 show as they have invited many overseas artistes.

Sadly I don't find current local drama interesting and there are not many actors and actresses with charisma. Also I don't like the actress that MediaCorp is trying to promote as lead actress. If you look at my previous post, I purposely hide her face on the last 8days magazine post.  

I think earlier Channel 8 drama production are of better caliber. Current shows have rather boring storylines.

Its rather sad that one of the award winners can't speak Mandarin in this Mandarin star award shows. She works in Mandarin show but not able to converse in Mandarin? In my opinion, she don't respect the Mandarin speaking audience. Those behind the scene staff don't put in the effort to converse in simple Mandarin. 

Anyway, I'm very happy that local veteran actress XiangYun has won the Best Evergreen artiste. She is one of the few female actresses whom I like. 


I like this old local drama, the Awakening. Both my maternal and paternal grandfathers came to Singapore by ships when they were teenagers from China, Chaozhou. Both left their family in China and did not return back. I feel like going to China Chaozhou 潮州 to explore my late grandfathers' birthplace. 

Comments

Popular Posts