Earn Higher Interest Rate in Singapore

With 7% GST and 10% service charge if you dine in Singapore restaurants, it will be good to have a saving account that helps you to earn some extra pocket money. For me, I try to eat at restaurant once a week and the rest of the days at home to save money.

Initially I wanted my blog to help me earn some extra pocket money but sometimes I don't update my blog as often as I'm busy with work and being a frank person, others dislike my opinions especially if it differ from them. 

Now I just blog because my cousins and friends like to read my updates. Anyway since I blog in 2013, I already got paid about $400 from blogging. After Adsense changed payment to Singapore dollars from US dollars, I don't earn as much as before. Anyway back to the topic of earning some pocket money from local saving bank accounts.  

My favourite saving accounts are OCBC 360 and UOB Stash account for saving. My POSB saving account is assigned "spending" account. POSB/DBS is not the best saving account though they have DBS Multiplier which requires transactions above $2000 be it salary credit, credit card spend, home loan instalments, insurance or investments. 

Recently I discovered another saving account that offers higher saving interest rate and that is Citi MaxiGain saving account. It offers the highest saving interest rate if you maintain or increase saving amount every month. However you need a minimum of $70,000.00 to open this account. 

First published on 2 April 2019 and updated on 28 Nov 2019




 I like OCBC 360 account as it rewards you for saving money too instead of just spending.

UOB Stash account
UOB Stash Account encourages you to save money. You only earn bonus interest if you maintain or increase saving amount.

Citi MaxiGain account
Citi MaxiGain saving account



Comments

Popular Posts