HDB 2-room Flat- My Nice Home Gallery

Last week, I went to HDB at Toa Payoh with the plan to book a flat. Alas all the 2-room type 2 flat (45sqm) are fully taken. They only left 36 sqm 2-room BTO flat. I went to My Nice Home gallery to have a feel of what 36 sqm room is like and I didn't like it. My current bedroom is larger than the 2-room living room and bed room combined. My bedroom can keep 5 Billy bookshelves of 80 cm width each, a bed, a desk  and a wardrobe. 

Sometimes I feel unhappy that singles in Singapore are not as well taken care of as compared to married couples. Married couples get to purchase flats in matured estate and 2-room flats and above. Married couples with kids also enjoy child care leave whereas Singles have to help when they take child care leave. Singaporean singles can only purchase BTO flats in non-matured estates and 2-room flat. If Singles want to buy bigger flats in matured estate, they can only buy resale-flat aka second hand which I don't really like. I prefer a brand new flat.

Why can't they let Singaporeans Singles purchase 3-room BTO flat and in matured estate too? If I can't buy a flat to my liking, maybe I should retire in other place for a cheaper and nicer accommodation. 2-room flat here costs about $125000.00 depending on the level. 

Its not as if we want to be single. I don't want to spend so much money on condominium as monthly service conservancy charge is high and I need to plan for retirement alone. Most probably, in old age, I might stay in old folk home as my brothers will all get married. This month, my youngest brother will be hosting Chinese wedding dinner, even though early last year he already registered his marriage with his wife at the Registry of Marriage.

I really want to buy this type 2, 45 sqm 2-room BTO flat. Its just right for 1 person. I don't have to spend too much time cleaning up. My new home will have lots of wood material, maybe pine and spruce wood. I like this resort bliss concept.
I have billy bookshelves instead of those shelves.
I also like this kitchen concept. Wood gives warm vibe which I love! I don't really cook as I'm too busy with work.
Hmm, maybe I place some succulents here. I love plants too.

This is a smaller 2-room flat of about 36 sqm. It is too small for me.
My current bedroom is so much bigger than the living room and bed room combine.
This is laminated wood, which doesn't emit warm feeling.

Comments

Popular Posts