Crispy Enoki Mushroom at Shilin

I was delighted to see Shilin, a Taiwan street snack stall at Tampines Mall selling crispy evoki mushroom. Alas it doesn't come cheap and it is priced at $4.40. This is more expensive than the fried crispy soft-shell crab at Hot Star, another Taiwan street snack stall. 

The staff told me to wait for about 10 minutes as they only fry enoki mushroom when ordered. 

The enoki mushroom is indeed crispy and tasty ( salty) and it has similar taste to fried soft-shell crab. After 3 hours, it still retains its crunchiness. Actually they just use similar batter for soft shell crab. 

Even though it is delicious, it is best to limit intake as it high in fat and salt. I brought to share with my family together as we sat together to celebrate Father's Day. 
Fried enoki mushroom 金针菇. I opted for seaweed version.

Comments

Popular Posts