My Nice Home Gallery: HDB 5-room Flat

Today I'm going to share Singapore public housing, Housing Development Board (HDB) 5-room flat. This 5-room HDB flat has 4 rooms and 1 living room, a kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a bomb shelter room.  A typical 5-room BTO flat is about 110 square metres. Only Singaporeans are eligible for new flats or Build-to-Order (BTO) flats. I hope this scheme continues else Singapore permanent residents will buy more and drive prices up. 

BTO 5-room flat is only for family unit and Singaporeans singles are unfortunately not allowed to buy BTO 3-room flats and above. Singaporeans singles can only purchase BTO 2-room flat. This is a headache for me as I'm not allowed to rent out the room even after 5 years minimum occupation. If I want to buy HDB 3-room flat, I can only buy a resale one which means second-hand aka used home for me. The other option is to buy private housing which is very expensive and there is no grant. I monitor the situation and see how. Or I can buy a 2-room flat using my CPF. After 5 years, if I have more cash, I buy a private property for rental income.

Click here to view My Nice Home gallery on other public housing showflat.
Read my earlier post on 2-room flat showcase here.

4-room and 5-room show flats.
 Living room 
 Kitchen and dining area.






 I like this master bedroom design. This is the type of flooring I want for my home! I also like light pastel colour.

 

Comments

Popular Posts