Public Transport in Singapore: MRT

Singapore is a very small island in Southeast Asia. It is about 50km by 27km. Owning a brand new car is very expensive in Singapore as you need to purchase Certificate of Entitlement (COE) which can costs about $50,000.00 depending on the bidding price. 

For me, I don't have a driving license as I had an unpleasant experience driving a go-kart at Escape theme park when I was a teenager. Well, those were the days. I was so daring taking those scary roller-coaster ride. Now I dare not even try the Viking ride.  Anyway, it is very convenient to travel from one point to the other end of Singapore via the MRT or public bus. I enjoy exploring Singapore by riding the clean public air-conditioned double-decker bus as I can see more from the top of the bus. But then sometimes taking MRT is much faster compared to taking a bus especially from the east to the western part of Singapore

Anyway, I also enjoy taking MRT during non-peak hours. The train is very quiet when there are not many people. 
 MRT during off-peak hours.

 Toa Payoh MRT station

Comments

Popular Posts