Jia Wei Chinese Restaurant at Hotel Grand Mercure Roxy

Last Saturday, my youngest brother treated my parents and me to a sumptuous dinner at Jia Wei Chinese restaurant at Grand Mercure Roxy hotel which is located in Katong. 

They are known for their Peking duck so my brother ordered one whole duck as there is 50% discount till August. In Beijing, I tried the famous Quanjide Peking duck so I was not so impressed especially after I ate some of the duck meat in another fried ginger duck dish. The waitress told us that we could choose to cook the other half of the duck in any style we want. I find the meat rather tough and not as tender. 

However I love their fried beancurd and soft shell crab with salted egg yolk and also their fried ee mee noodles. Service was good too. For all the dishes that we had, it only cost about $130plus.
 Salted egg yolk soft shell crabs
 Prawns and mushroom
 Fried beancurd is really good. Crispy outside and soft inside.
 Peking duck 

 Duck with ginger.
My brother ordered the whole Peking duck since there is 50% discount till August.
 Fried ee mee noodle with duck.

 This plate is beautiful.

Comments

Popular Posts