National Gallery of Singapore

Yesterday, I met up with my buddy to explore National Gallery Singapore. For me, my main purpose was to see Wu GuanZhong art gallery. Wu GuanZhong had generously donated 113 of his paintings to Singapore. He combined western style to his Chinese ink painting and the outcome is a really unique contemporary form of art. 

Besides Wu GuanZhong's artworks, I also like Singaporeans artists like Liu Kang and other Chinese paintings. Generally I love most of the paintings in the art gallery except for one section which made me feel uncomfortable. Arts is a form of expression, an outlet of emotions. But if the arts make people feel uncomfortable and fearful, then it should not be exhibited. This section features Singaporeans' artwork which feature nudity and a video of someone washing off the yellow paint. I dislike that gallery as it made me feel uncomfortable. I guess that be the last time I visit that section and I rather spend my time admiring the artworks by Wu GuanZhong. Well, I'm just surprised not all his works are displayed. 

For Singaporeans, good news for you. Just bring your identification card and you enjoy free entry to the national gallery. For non-SIngaporeans, standard ticket is priced at S$20.

Nearest MRT: City Hall MRT
 Horses 
 I like this watercolour painting, titled Kampong Hut by Lim Cheng Hoe

Finally, I get to see Wu GuanZhong gallery. The artists generously donated about 113 of his paintings to Singapore.

 Paintings by Wu GuanZhong.
Another Wu GuanZhong work.


I'm attracted to this painting. Up the Kashmir mountain by Chen Chong Swee.
Modern arts
Liu Kang
Samsui women built tall architecture in the early days of Singapore.
I also like paintings by Georgette Chen.






Arts by Singaporean artists.

Comments

Popular Posts